Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dorthy twist and messy bun


When ever I do this particular twist in Joely's hair I am always reminded of Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz.

I've wondered what this twist is called, but I have no idea. I do know it was easy and it stayed in great all day, sometimes we don't get so lucky.

Start with the hair parted down the middle and choose which side you want to begin with. I started with the right side, I began by taking the front section of the hair and divided it into two section, each time I twisted the hair I gathered a little more hair to add to it...like doing a french braid but only using two sections instead of three.

When I started doing the other side I made sure to secure the first side with a ponytail holder (that would later get removed)

When both sides were twisted I combinded them and made a messy bun then finished it with a large flower.

The other picture is of Joelys bracelet we made to match the outfit she was wearing... a girls gotta have her jewelry.... right?

No comments: