Monday, November 24, 2008

twists and braids




Today we did some twists and braids!

We started with two small piggies in the front of her hair.

We then added twists, if you dont know how to make twists with out having them unravel, here is the secret.

1. Divide the hair into two sections.
2.twist the sections in the same direction, for example take the section of hair and twist it to the LEFT. take the other section of hair and also twist it to the LEFT.
3. take both twisted sections of hair and twist them together going in the opposite direction. So take the two sections of hair that have been twisted to the LEFT and combine them together twisting the two sections to the RIGHT.

For some reason the opposite twists of the hair keep the twists from falling out, so you can easily do a twist instead of a braid.

I then had Joely hold the twisted hair while I prapared two piggie tails in the back with the remaining hair.

Before I added the elastic on the large piggie tail, I added the twisted hair from the mini piggie on the opposit side.

After doing this to both sides, I completed the piggies with braids. I liked the idea of combining the twists and braids instead of ending with twists. However, if you wanted to end with twists, I think it would look cute if you added three twists from each piggie tail!

2 comments:

Raychelle said...

Cute hair Joely. It was really good to see you yesterday. I liked getting to pass notes to you and Taran during dinner! Have a happy Thanksgiving and I'll see you again soon. :)

Kristin said...

thank you